Friday, April 2, 2010

Missy Hyatt: First Lady of Wrestling

Author, Ghost Writer, Editor: Missy Hyatt, Charles Salzberg, Mark Goldblatt
Publisher: ECW Press
Released: 10/01 


The Good
I got this book for free, thanks to photocopying fans. If you've ever heard a shoot interview with Missy, this is basically the same thing with more details and emotion. There was more dirt, but on print it really loses her vocal charm. She seems honest, brutally so at times, and you really understand Missy's journey through wrestling. Good stories that are funny and will stick with you and you'll probably pass along (though some of the visuals are a bit eerie). Good for what is, better than what I'd expect out of valet's autobiography.


The Bad
Like I said, I got this book for free, thank goodness. It's just under 200 pages and while it's straight to the point, I can't help but feel I would've never spent much money on this book. This is kind of the polar opposite of Ted DiBiase's dirt-free book, but it often makes Missy come across as petty. I got a shoot interview of her's tacked on to another one (so it was also free) and it was probably more interesting because listening to her jokes and complaints is better than reading them. Also, I'd heard many of these things when she's been on WOL and other shows. This was like all that stuff in a book with poor editing and lacking the Missy Hyatt presentation. 


The Rating: **

No comments:

Post a Comment